This policy (together with the terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which I, sole trader Lea Woodward, will process any personal data I collect from you, or which you provide to me, in the course of using my site www.leawoodward.com
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the data controller.
When you use my site, there are a number of ways in which you provide information and other data to me. By using the site, you consent to me processing and collecting this data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
How Your Information Is Used
I may use your information to:
- Send you email newsletters from time to time.
- Ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and I.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so.
- Notify you about changes to my service.
If you do not want me to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data. You can also contact me directly by emailing me.
If you do want to receive information from carefully selected third parties about goods or services that may be of interest to you, please tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data.
All information you provide to me is stored on my secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
I take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to my site is sent at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Information
I may disclose your personal information to any of my group companies (which means my subsidiaries, my ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances: –
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) my business or assets;
- If I am required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others.
- This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to Information
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which I hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to meet my costs in responding, I will charge you a fee of £10.