Press & Praise
My projects have been featured in international press outlets – from TV, to newspaper, to magazines to popular online websites. You can see a selection of these below…
Newspapers & Magazines
I have been interviewed, featured and mentioned in a number of global media outlets over the past few years, including:
- Financial Times ~ Nomads of the working world.
- BBC Click ~ Technology allows digital nomads to work anywhere.
- BBC Fast:Track ~ Best Of The Web.
- The Guardian, Careers, UK ~ Work’s a beach: meet the digital nomads making the world their office.
- The Guardian, Travel, UK ~ The escapees travelling the world while working online.
- The Guardian, Life & Style, UK ~ This column will change your life: 9-to-5 or free and easy?
- La Repubblica, Italy ~ Tienila d’occhio: Lea Woodward and Bauman, un mondo senza regole: “senza la solidarietà, la libertà è un’illusione”.
- China Trends magazine, China ~ See the article here.
- Cosmopolitan magazine, Italy & Sweden ~ See the Swedish article here.
- The Sydney Morning Herald & The Daily Telegraph, Australia
I’ve been featured, interviewed, listed or profiled in many online media outlets:
- I wrote about juggling motherhood and nomadic entrepreneurship here on Forbes.
- I wrote about how to launch a website with a fanfare (vs. deafening silence!) here on Forbes.
- I wrote about going from consulting to entrepreneurship in Time.
- I was interviewed about being a domain name addict (!) for Fast Company.
- I was interviewed about location independence on Mixergy.
- I was featured as one of Forbes’ Thirty Women Entrepreneurs to Follow on Twitter.
- I shared a tip for balancing entrepreneurship & parenthood on Inc.
We’ve also been featured in a number of books including:
- Escape from Cubicle Nation by Pamela Slim
- Screw Work, Let’s Play by John S. Williams
- The 9-to-5 Cure by Kristin Cardinale
- She Takes on the World: A Guide to Being Your Own Boss, Working Happy, and Living on Purpose by Natalie MacNeil
- Be A Free Range Human by Marianne Cantwell
Lea has spoken – virtually and in person – to audiences globally including:
- At the Freshmen Seminar, American College of Management and Technology, Dubrovnik on “The skills that open up doors & opportunities in today’s world”.
- At Hult International Business School, Dubai campus for the “Pocket MBA for Women Who Aspire to Lead” Program.
- Numerous online podcasts and interviews with fellow digital entrepreneurs.
What People Say About Working With Me
I’ve followed Lea for more than 10 years and have worked with her several times in a few different ways. She is always insightful, understanding and full of ideas and inspiration, while at the same time striking just the right balance between pushing me out of my comfort zone and supporting me to take the next step.
My business has progressed immeasurably over the last 10 years, and crucially, it is now a great fit for the real me. I wouldn’t be where I am and have the lifestyle I have (and love) without Lea‘s help and encouragement.
There is still a lot I want to do and I hope Lea will continue to be part of my journey for many years to come.Ali Marsland
Using Lea’s approach has made one of the biggest goals for my business suddenly feel achievable. And I don’t need to feel afraid of not being able to do it. I found Lea’s way of asking questions and conversing very useful for stretching my boundaries and overcoming a fear of presenting my ideas to others.
The value of Lea’s experience really shone through for me, and receiving personalised business advice at an affordable cost has been invaluable.Anne-Marie Springer
Lea has the ability to wade through all my objections, hidden fears and gaps in knowledge to get to the heart of where I truly want to go and crystallise a plan immediately.
She knows when to prod, when to be firm and when to just be still. Sessions with her are considered, nuanced, strategic, fun, intuitive and future focused. There is no time to sit it the ‘I don’t know how/I can’t/But I’m not sure I have…’ state.
One of my biggest hurdles is maintaining my location independence goals. Whilst I love my work, I felt like recently I’d compromised myself and my desires somehow and couldn’t see what to do next.
Our last session completely rectified this. I left with structured key directional goals, methodical steps to achieve them, a peace of mind and lightness in my mindset and a warmth in my heart that comes from having a good conversation with a friend.Samantha Clarke
You know you’ve been given some good advice when you get off the call and immediately start plotting the changes you want to make in your business. It was such a joy to be able able to talk through the systems and plans I’ve been working on and get more clarity around what i need and what I can let go of.
Lea really knows her stuff and if you’re a solopreneur like I am, no doubt you often wish you had someone to brainstorm with — Lea is that person. Recommended!Susannah Conway