What You’ll Find Here
I write about the themes that are important in my life – and maybe yours too. I focus on sharing more of the behind-the-scenes elements here, to coincide with and compliment what’s happening across my other (ad)ventures and provide a more personal perspective. Topics may include:
- Getting to know me, myself & I – digging the real me out from underneath the constructs I’ve spent a lifetime so cleverly constructing, which impacts my personal and professional life.
- Core values – and specifically how important core values are in everything we do.
- Running my own business – what it takes, what’s worked, what hasn’t and fitting this in on top of home educating my kids, nurturing my new relationship and processing my own emotional stuff.
- Relationships – what makes them work, what doesn’t and how this impacts us in business and in life.
- Being adopted – because after spending the first 39 years of my life thinking it hadn’t really affected me…let’s say no more!
- Coming out and being gay in later life – which has been interesting to say the least!
- Parenthood, single parenting, co-parenting – and how I attempt to survive it all. Or not!
Who Am I?
That’s a very good question and one I’m still figuring out after quite a life-changing year in the run up to my 40th birthday – I divorced my teenage sweetheart, started a relationship with a woman, began to explore my adoption, made huge changes to my business, and dyed my hair for the first time ever – which had me pondering: Who Am I?
At the moment, this is what I do know about myself…
- I’m Lea (pronounced Lee-UH NOT Lee), although the name my birth mother gave me was Jovy.
- I’m Filipina, was born in HK and adopted by English parents from birth (who were given just 7 days to prepare for my arrival!).
- I LOVE food and I most definitely live to eat. I eat mostly organic food, though I am partial to the odd gourmet burger and fries.
- My favourite colour is a deep teal.
- In previous incarnations, I’ve been a management consultant for the world’s largest consulting company, before leaving to re-train as a holistic health coach.
- I married my teenage sweetheart who I met when I was 17. After 22 happy years together we separated amicably in 2016.
- I have two gorgeous children, Mali and Samson. But motherhood is definitely NOT the be-all and end-all for me.
- I’m now in a same-sex relationship with one of my best friends. And I absolutely believe most women are more fluid than we dare to admit 😉
- My core values are freedom, integrity, excellence and empowerment.
- I’m ridiculously logical, intuitive, spiritual and highly creative – but not in the artistic sense (I can’t draw to save my life).
- If you’re into Myers Briggs, I’m an INFJ. If you’re into the Fascinate system, I’m the Victor. If you’re into Human Design, I’m a Manifestor.
- I’m 5 feet and 1.5 inches – the 0.5 is very important. If you’re also this short petite, you’ll know.
- I have a very British accent but also speak a bit of German, French, Spanish and Italian.
During my time as an entrepreneur and business owner, I’ve:
- Created a global movement, which garnered international media interest and caught the attention of big brands such as Dell.
- Written, self-published and sold a number of ebooks; the first back in 2007 before everyone was doing it.
- Organised and hosted the first (and second) ever national UK conference for illustrators.
- Coached, mentored and consulted for hundreds of business owners online.
- Run numerous businesses including a health & fitness coaching business, a web design & development business, professional blogging (i.e. I was paid to blog), freelance writing, technology consulting, strategic business consulting.
- Been listed in Forbes magazine’s Thirty Women Entrepreneurs To Follow on Twitter.
- Been featured in national and international press. You can see all my press & media mentions here.
Want To Work With Me?
I work with a limited number of clients at any one time, please contact me for the latest availability. I can help you craft a values-based business plan, or help you build a location independent community in your area.